Saturday 9: The Trolley Song (1944)
If you’re not familiar with today’s song, you can hear it here.
I haven’t done one of these for almost 2 months although I’ve missed them. I guess the school days coming closer finally took my writer’s block down.
1) In this movie clip, just about everyone (except Judy) is wearing a hat. Do you wear hats for fashion, for warmth or for both? Right now you would only see me wearing a hat in winter and occasionally a cap on very sunny days.
2) This song is from Meet Me in St. Louis, which was a huge hit and the second highest grossing movie of 1944. When is the last time you watched a movie in the theater? I know it was Deadpool ‘checks when it came out’ ‘oh’ ‘realises how forgetful she is’. It was on Valentine’s Day.
3) The movie follows the Smith family as their hometown, St. Louis, prepares to host the 1904 World’s Fair. What’s the biggest thing happening in your hometown (Iasi, Romania)? A lot of things are taking place this days, a festival, some club events and a couple of exposition. One big thing that’s coming soon, and by that I mean September, is the the 10th edition of the International Mechanical Music Festival
4) This week’s featured artist, Judy Garland, is best known as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. That movie is shown so often that Sam thinks she may have seen it a dozen times. Is there a movie or holiday special you’ve seen over and over? I’ve mentioned a couple of times already that I never watch a movie more than once. However there are a couple of movies from which I’ve seen parts of more than once . Titanic (apparently it’s such an amazing movie they keep showing it on TV regularly), Jesus of Nazareth (they always show it on Easter holiday) and Home Alone (they always show it on Christmas)
5) Judy admitted to being perpetually tardy. Are you usually prompt? Or are you always running late? I try to be prompt most of the times. However, there were periods of time that I found it really hard to be on time, but I’d never be later that a couple of minutes.
6) Judy’s first professional performance was a rendition of “Jingle Bells” when she was just two. How old were you when you entered your chosen profession? I haven’t yet entered my chosen profession.
7) Thinking of “Jingle Bells,” here’s a wintery question for a hot summer day: What’s your favorite carol? That’s hard for me to answer, since I’ve only ever sung carols on Romanian and don’t know if the ones I know have an English translation. Right now I can only think of Christmas songs, especially about Last Christmas and All I Want For Christmas Is You.
8) Judy was a very demonstrative person. She enjoyed hugs and admitted that, when she was nervous, she took emotional support from physically reaching out. Are you demonstrative? Not exactly. I’m not quite that open and prefer to deal with my problems on my own.
9) She told Barbara Walters that people would be surprised to learn that she was a good cook and specialised in desserts. Do you have a sweet tooth? That is one of my middle names.
Hey guys 😀 I’m happy to be back with one my favourite features and perhaps I’ll make it this week with another post. Thank you for sticking with me and I wish you a wonderful weekend!