Saturday 9: Papa, Don’t Preach (1986)
If you’re not familiar with today’s song, you can hear it here.
1) Madonna has sold more than 200 million records worldwide. Do you have any of her songs on your iPod/mp3 player/phone?
Frozen and Like A Prayer, but I listen to Amazon Prime Music on my phone and she comes with some other songs too.
2) When she first arrived in New York in search of fame and fortune, Madonna supported herself by working at Dunkin’ Donuts. What did you order last time you were at Dunkin’ Donuts?
I don’t even remember when that was. I know I only went once in one of them in Frankfurt.
3) Madonna and her first husband, Sean Penn, ended their marriage on New Year’s Eve, 1988. Sam’s New Year’s Eves are never that dramatic. What about you? Do you have any vivid New Year’s Eve memories you’d like to share?
The only vivid memory is from the last New Year’s Eve. I spent it with a couple of friends, we ate pizza, played some drinking games and watched 2 or 3 movies. It was fun. Oh and we lit a lot of fireworks. 😀
4) Madonna admits she suffers from brontophobia, aka the fear of storms. Are you scared of thunder and lightning?
Not at all. I do know they’re dangerous and what do to to keep myself safe from them, but I like watching them from far away.
5) Onstage during the 2015 Coachella fest, Madonna shocked the audience by planting a kiss square on the lips of much-younger rapper Drake. What’s something that surprised you recently?
That there’s still some pure goodness in some people (I talked about a shop owner I met recently, here)
6) More recently, Madonna was at the center of a controversy because Prince fans didn’t like her tribute at the Billboard Music Awards. They made themselves heard on social media. Was your last Facebook post or Tweet positive or negative?
The last thing I posted on Facebook was actually a shared video of Jensen Ackles singing a Christmas song. In April. (here’s a link to the full video, Jensen comes in at 4:12 and starts singing at 7:02, if by minute 9, you’re not convinced I don’t know what else to say)
7) One of the things Sam’s papa preaches about is car maintenance. He reminds her to check her car’s air filter regularly, because a dirty filter can reduce mileage. Share your own car maintenance tip with us.
I don’t have any advise to share yet, but I’ll let you know as soon as I’ll have one.
8) When she was growing up, Sam’s father was often away on business. He always remembered to bring back the complimentary shampoos, conditioners and lotions from the hotels where he stayed. When will you next stay in a hotel (or motel, bed-and-breakfast or Airbnb room)?
Between the 4th and 8th of July in Croatia.
9) To celebrate Father’s Day, Sam is giving away her father’s favorite candy: LifeSavers. Would you prefer a roll of Wild Cherry, Butter Rum, Winter Green or Peppermint?
Winter Green sounds interesting, but I’ve never heard of this candy so I don’t know if it’s the one that would taste better for me.