As always thank you Sam for the song choice! 🙂 I didn’t know this song before, but it’s my “type”, so this time I also thank you for introducing me to a new band I’ll definitely love from now on.
Saturday 9: What Hurts the Most (2006)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) What hurts Sam the most is her sole, since she just found that earring she thought was lost by stepping on it with her bare foot. How about you? Any aches and pains to report?
There has been an “incident” with a glass candle holder in my room and I accidentally stepped on splinter.
2) What’s the last thing you misplaced? Did you find it?
My iPod. I found it 3 months later in a bag full of loom bands. I still don’t know why it ended up there.
3) Lead singer Gary LeVox sings that he’s not afraid to cry. When is the last time you shed a tear?
Two nights ago. I watched Captain America: Civil War and there was a very emotional scene with Tony Stark aka Iron-Man.
4) Gary auditioned for another country group, Little Big Town, but didn’t get in. Considering how successful Rascal Flatts has been, he’s probably not sorry. Tell us about something you thought you wanted, but later weren’t so sure.
Clothes. All the time 😂. When I get come I “realise” I already have a lot of clothes and actually don’t need any more.
5) The country group has their roots in Columbus, Ohio. What else is Ohio known for?
🙈 I wish I knew, but as mentioned before I’m not very familiar with general knowledge of America.
6) Lead guitarist Joe Don Rooney married model and former Miss Georgia, Tiffany Fallon. Many major pageants give prizes in the talent, congeniality and swimsuit competitions. Would you prefer to have exceptional skills, a great personality, or a terrific body?
A great personality. It’s inside that matters.
7) 2006, the year this song was popular, was a very good one for tennis pro Roger Federer. He reached the finals in all four Grand Slam tournaments, and won three. What’s the last game you won? (Yes, Words with Friends counts.)
I think a card game, but I’m not sure. Lately I’ve only played multiplayer games, where you can’t really “win” or “lose”.
8) Actor Tony Shalhoub won an Emmy in 2006 for his portrayal of detective Adrian Monk on Monk. Who’s your favorite TV detective?
Sherlock Holmes from “Elementary” (I haven’t watched “Sherlock” yet, so Jonny Lee Miller is my favourite Sherlock until proven otherwise)
9) Random question … You’ve just won an all-expenses-paid trip but now you have to choose: Carnivale in Brazil, the Bordeaux Wine Festival in France, or the Running of the Bulls in Spain?
Bulls are life-threatening and although I like wine, I don’t think I want to go to a wine festival. It’s pretty obvious that I’d choose Brazil, but another reason would be that it’s very far from Europe and harder for me to reach (and more expensive than the rest).