Thank you Sam for this week’s song pick! “One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you” ❤
Saturday 9: These Boots Were Made for Walkin’ (1966)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song/video, Ms. Sinatra’s boots make a serious fashion statement. Do you choose footwear for comfort or fashion?
Comfort in 9/10 situations.
2) This is by far the biggest hit of Nancy Sinatra’s career, which includes 6 top ten hits. Can you name another?
3) Nancy recorded it on Reprise Records, which was founded by her father, Frank. Did your parents give you a leg up in your chosen career?
I haven’t yet started to work, but I don’t think they will be able to help me get in criminalistic.
4) Professionally Nancy has been involved in espionage, singing the theme to a James Bond movie and appearing in an episode of The Man from UNCLE. Do you enjoy spy/secret agent stories?
I did watch a few in the past few years, to be honest never a James Bond movie, but I’ve never been truly into them.
5) Nancy maintains the official Sinatra family website, which includes a link to the site of Mia Farrow. Ms. Farrow was, briefly, Nancy’s stepmother, and obviously they are still on good terms. Do you have a big, extended family?
I do have a lot of cousins on my mother’s side of the family.
6) Nancy’s music — and posters — were very popular with the troops during the Vietnam War. Nancy continues to return their loyalty and affection with her efforts on behalf of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund. Here’s your chance to promote a cause that’s near and dear to your heart. What charity gets your support?
I’m not supporting any charity at the moment, but I’ll definitely do in the future (when I’ll get a proper job)
7) Nancy hosts a Sirius radio show devoted to her father’s music. Do you have a subscription to a satellite radio or podcast network?
I listen to radio “almost” 24/7. I’m listening to the AFN (American Forces Network) Europe radio station.
8) Nancy has said that she and her sister Tina had a more comfortable relationship with their famous father than their late brother, Frank, Jr., did. Do you think it’s easier for mothers to get along with their sons, while fathers have an easier time with their daughters?
Yes, I do. Although I’ve had a share of fights with both of my parents throughout the years, I always felt that I had more things in common with my father and I do tend to get along with him easier nowadays than my mother.
9) Random question: Tonight’s dinner is on us. Would you prefer to eat at a casual restaurant with exceptional food, or an exclusive restaurant with so-so food but a celebrity clientele?
I wouldn’t want to miss the chance of meeting a few celebrities, depending on which ones, but as being a gourmand, I would prefer to eat an exceptional dinner instead.