Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Best Day of My Life (2013)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) This song begins by mentioning clouds. Do you see clouds in the sky this fine Saturday?
Just a few. I like it this way better, for if there were clouds it would probably rain very soon.
2) Lead singer Zac Barnett sings that, “Everything is looking up.” What are you looking forward to today?
I’m going out with my best friend for ice-cream.
3) 2016 is not yet half over, but what’s been your best day so far this year?
When I got my first salary.
4) The members of the group, American Authors, met in college. When is the last time you heard from a school chum? Do you know them from grammar school, high school or college?
Ahmm… I still go to school, so I hear from my friends daily.
5) One of the all-time best-selling American authors is romance writer Danielle Steel. She’s been writing for more than 40 years and has sold more than 800 million books. Have you read any of her work?
Unfortunately I never heard of her.
6) Have you ever dreamed of being an author?
Yep. Even tried to write something down, but gave up after 3 pages.I realised I’m neither imaginative nor versed enough to write even a chapter.
7) Do you have an e-reader?
Yes. This month I started my first book “The Yellow Fairy Book” by Andrew Lang, although I already have more than 40 books, with my gratitude sent towards Project Guttenberg.
8) American Authors rang in 2016 in Chicago, giving an outdoor concert on New Year’s Eve on a stage not far from Lake Michigan. There are 5 Great Lakes in all,including Lake Michigan. Without looking it up, name the other 4.
Hmmm… I know it’s not the best excuse, but we never learned that in school, or I just cannot remember it. As far as I know, we didn’t pay to much attention to USA’s geography.
9) Random question: You see photos on Facebook of a dinner party hosted by a friend. You recognize most of the attendees, yet you weren’t invited. How do you feel? Left out and angry? Do you wonder what you may have done to offend your friend? Or do you just forget about it and move on?
Let’s put it this way. Would I befriend or still be friends with such a person? My answer is definitely no. It also depends on the level of friendship, so if an acquaintance would throw a dinner party and most of my classmates would be invited, I wouldn’t be angry or sad. I chose the word “acquaintance”, because I don’t call everyone “friend”.
Thank you Sam for the wonderful song choice! It reminded me of my time spent in Australia, since it was there I first heard the song and it became my favourite song of the year (or at least one of them)! I wish everyone a wonderful cloudless week!