Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Little Red Corvette (1983)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
From the archives.
In memory of Prince (1958-2016)
1) The subject of this song is frankly sexual. Do you blush easily?
Not as much as I used to.
2) Prince was his real first name (Prince Rogers, to be exact). Growing up, his relatives called him “Skipper.” Do you have any nicknames within your family?
Demi mostly, but my grandmother has always called me either “Bubu” or “Bubulina” (actually pretty much everyone on my mother’s side of the family).
3) Prince said he was “obsessed” with Mozart and read whatever he can find about the composer. What’s the last book you read?
Hidden Fires by Sandra Brown (I’ll upload the review as soon as possible).
4) Between Prince and The Beach Boys, the Corvette is a much sung-about car. Tell us about your vehicle.
My vehicle is a scooter called Titano (the brand is called Motoworx) and it’s almost 2 years old. I love it so much, because it looks very retro ❤
5) In the 1980s, when Prince was popular, MTV could turn a song into a hit. In 2016, where do you hear new music?
An ancient object, younger generations nowadays don’t use any more. The “old-fashioned” radio.
6) In 1982, when “Little Red Corvette” ruled the airwaves, Braniff Airways shocked the travel industry and threw passengers into chaos by declaring bankruptcy. When did you last fly? Did your trip go smoothly?
Last summer, from Romania to Greece and it went without any problems 🙂
7) 1982 is also the year Disney opened Epcot. Have you ever been to a Disney park?
YES! Best trip ever! (Note: I’m sorry for the photo spam, that you’re about to witness)
8) 1982 is the year Cheers premiered. The sitcom was set in a bar where “everybody knows your name.” Tell us about your favorite local bar or restaurant.
Shout-out to “Kürschat’s” the best kebab restaurant in all the land!
9) The 1980s were considered a highpoint in professional tennis, with Jimmy Connors and John McEnroe dominating the sport. Do you play tennis?
I don’t any more, although I wouldn’t call my attempts “playing”.
Thank you Sam for another great Saturday 9!
I’m so happy to blog again :D. It’s been a rough week and I had so little time for any free-time activity, especially reading :(… This week should be calmer and hopefully I’ll be able to write more! Wish you all a wonderful week!