Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: You’re Beautiful (2005)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
Before I start I want to thank Sam so so much for picking this song. “You’re Beautiful” is EVERYTHING and James Blunt is my hero.
1) The first line is of this song is, “My life is brilliant.” Using one word, describe your life.
My life is complicated.
2) This is about a chance encounter between strangers in a crowd, specifically the subway. What “crowded place” were you most recently in?
The cinema on Tuesday (I didn’t say school, because I go there every day and preferred to say a place that I don’t frecvent that much)
3) Near the very end of this song, James Blunt sings, “It’s time to face the truth.” Do you believe you face things head on? Or do you tend to deny or put off the unpleasant?
Uff… I wish I could all the times, but I find it really hard sometimes. I tend to put it off in the hope that with time, it will become easier to talk about it, but it never does.
4) James Blunt went to an all-boys school. Some educators recommend single-sex classrooms because they maintain girls just naturally approach subjects like math and science differently than boys do. Do you agree?
I do not, because that’s one of the reason why mixed school are better in my opinion. It is good to have different approaches or perspectives, in order to get a better view of the world.
5) Blunt put his father in charge of his finances. Income taxes are top of mind for many of us this time of year. Do you do your own taxes? Or do you go to an accountant or tax preparation service?
I’m 18 years old, still in school and work minimum wage. I don’t pay taxes and I think this answers the question.
6) In 2005, the year this song was a hit, the sitcom How I Met Your Mother was also popular. Do you know how your parents met?
Yes. They worked in the same textile factory in the early ’90.
7) 2005 is also the year Tom Cruise famously jumped on a sofa. Do you remember where he did this?
No (well… now I do, because I googled it :D). I was only 8 at that time and didn’t live in the USA, so I could’t have know about the “incident on Oprah”
8) 2005 was also the year YouTube really took off. What’s the last video you watched?
“Tom Cruise loses his mind on Oprah” for the question above.
9) Random question … Which of these high profile jobs would you enjoy more: head of General Motors, CEO of Apple or president of the New York Yankees?
I’ll go with head of General Motors, because I love cars and they own the rights to this beauty bellow, but also because I despise Apple and I am no fan of baseball.
Again I thank Sam for the song choice and for this week’s questions. Enjoy your weekend!