Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: That’s What Friends Are For (1985)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) This week’s song is performed by an all-star quartet: Dionne Warwick, Elton John, Gladys Knight and Stevie Wonder. You have your choice: which of these four would you most like to see in concert? The answer would definitely be Elton John. In fact he is the only one I really know. Don’t be angry with me. I do listen a lot of ’60, ’70, and ’80 music, but I never came across Dionne Warwick or Gladys Knight (my parents might know them) and I know who Stevie Wonder is, but that’s mostly it, since I don’t listen to his music (never really wanted to, I don’t know why). So the answer was easy to give, though I would truly be grateful to go to one of Elton John’s concerts.
2) Dionne Warwick was Whitney Houston’s cousin. Name a Whitney Houston song. “I Will Always Love You”
3) Gladys Knight owns a chain of chicken and waffle restaurants around Atlanta. When you have waffles, what do you top them with? (Powdered sugar? Butter? Syrup? Fruit?) I love the ones they serve in our school’s canteen with Nutella.
4) Elton John has turned his bad eyesight into a hobby, claiming that over the years he has purchased well over than 200,000 pairs of glasses. Do you wear glasses? If so, how many prescription pairs do you own? No glasses. Although I do own 5 pairs of sunglasses that only differ in colour #HipsterLife
5) Stevie Wonder has a scar on his nose from a 1973 car crash. Have you ever been in a car accident? So I’ve been told by my parents, but I was 1 year old, so I cannot confirm it.
6) Burt Bacharach and Carole Bayer Sager were married when they wrote this. Do you know a husband and wife who work together? I do actually, three pairs in fact, all teachers at my school.
7) This song celebrates friendship through good times and bad. Tell us about a happy time you recently shared with someone close to you. I recently shared this picture with my best friend. And she went: “… girl, are those beavers? Or what kind of unearthly creatures have you found? And where? And how? And why?” So I had a fun time, sharing even more photos with her, although I could not tell her what animal it was. I only know I took the picture at the Cologne Zoo, but don’t remember the animal’s name. (If you know what is called, please let me know in a comment down bellow)
8) Now share a time when you were there for a friend through a tough time. Well, I should be there for her right now, but the 2000 km distance between us make it hard for me to do so. Since I moved to Germany in 2011 it wasn’t easy for me to be physically there for her, so I don’t really remember when it was the last time I was “really” there for her. (
I hope she won’t hate me for that, but I do have a bad memory as well) Note: She told me it was last summer 👍
9) Random question: When is the last time you were out of breath? I almost chocked on food yesterday.